Monday, May 26, 2008

Day Cruise

I'll appologize right from the start that this post is way off topic. But I had an incredible adventure this past Friday.

So check this out - my family and I arrived at the Norfolk Naval Base at oh dark 30 Friday morning. After the security checks (it made the TSA look like grade school hall monitors), we boarded buses for a quick ride over to the Little Creek Amphibious Base where we boarded a LCU (Landing Craft, Utility) for a ride out to the USS Iwo Jima, where we drove right up to its launch bay.


My brother-in-law is assigned to the Iwo Jima and we got to participate in a family day cruise. Ship tours, demonstations, topped off by an air show was all part of the ativities we had the priledge to take part in as we sailed back to port.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun!!